No announcement yet.

He-Man collectible bust by Tweeterhead.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He-Man collectible bust by Tweeterhead.

As a collector of this line (except She-Ra), I'm not too thrilled with He-Man's hair here, and the sword looks a bit too small/short, however I like the face sculpt a lot...

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/masters-of-the-universe-he-man-tweeterhead-902627/

Awesome!! The harness looks great!
    “The internet treats censorship as a malfunction and routes around it." ― John Perry Barlow

Comment

The hair is very "Emo."

Not every beast is tender, especially if there is genius in his making.

Comment

Hair looks fine. Much prefer that style of bob to

Comment

To me, the hair looks like a cheap wig here... I hope they would add some highlights to it to give it some life and believability!

Comment

Originally posted by Mechanaizor View Post
            To me, the hair looks like a cheap wig here... I hope they would add some highlights to it to give it some life and believability!
            It is a tad flat color-wise, can agree with that. Very close to the skin tone, what with the other colors makes it look odd..

Comment

I'm sorry to those who like it, I'm not a fan.

It looks fine as a sculpt but looks more Tekken than He-man to me.

The sword looks way too small as well
              “Collective fear stimulates herd instinct, and tends to produce ferocity toward those who are not regarded as members of the herd.” ~Bertrand Russell

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
                I'm sorry to those who like it, I'm not a fan.

It looks fine as a sculpt but looks more Tekken than He-man to me.

The sword looks way too small as well
                I'm not too sure about the Tekken resemblance, but the sword certainly looks way too small.

They've done Skeletor, Beastman, Teela and Evil-Lyn justice, but screwed up with the main character, go figure!
                Some also disliked the She-Ra's bust, and I didn't bother about purchasing her...

Comment

• Andy
                  Andy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Looks to me almost like Kazuya and Nina Williams had a kid.

....or maybe labyrinth David Bowie and Aaron Eckhart.

Eh, some of the official figures out there have had smaller swords. For a bust like this I can understand the size limitations. I mean, if you really want to get picky his chest piece is also on the small side too.

Overall it's on par with the rest of the busts they've released quality wise. Paint app has some areas that could be touched up, and they all have little things that could be changed depending on taste. *shrug* I like the style they went with for this series.

Comment

I also agree about his chest area, however they can get away with it if they chose to make him with a smaller body frame, but that sword is way too miniaturized for my taste.

I have Skeletor's bust on my desk and I can tell you that it has better proportions and details for the same price and scale.
                  Last edited by Mechanizor; 01-09-2016, 05:13 AM.

Comment

Smaller body frame might also cause issues, I'd rather have same size in comparison with the other figures and smaller accessories where/when they need to cut corners. Other way around would make it feel... not cheap, but like it doesn't belong in the same lineup. They probably could have gone longer on the sword, is it official then that the axe isn't going to be included with the bust at all? Have seen it in older images, just wondering if that might have determined things with the sword.

Comment

So I've finally received him yesterday, and just got him out of the packages an hour ago or so. His body seems a little larger than what the early pics depicted to be, so I'm happy with that, however his skin tone is definitely darker (more clay reddish) than the prototype shown above and his face looks a little more serious and has a more sinister look to him!... I'd say a decent looking bust nonetheless even though his hairdo is a little Conanish, but still much better than that silly renaissance haircut Filmation gave him!

Now after owning all the MOTU Tweeterhead busts released to date (except for She-Ra), I probably can say Beastman is my favorite one thus far, and Skeletor is my close second.

I don't know if there is any plans to release more in the future or not, but I definitely wish to see more made, at least the main core characters like Ram-Man, Stratos, Man-At-Arms, Man-E-Faces, Trap-Jaw, Tri-Klops, Mer-Man etc...

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X