• Sideshow's She-Ra statue

Here is a teaser pic:

Click image for larger version

Name:	1125x682_previewbanner_200495_SheRa.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	50431

And the teaser video:

I'm not sure if I'm gonna Pre-Order her or not, I'm not a big fan of POP in general, but definitely her new design looks promising... I'll probably wait for the next MOTU release, here's hoping for one or more of these characters will make it through: (Sorceress, Teela, Man-At-Arms, Trap-Jaw, Mer-Man, Tri-Klops, Beastman, Ram-Man, Mer-Man, Stratos, Man-E-Faces, etc...)

Comment

I'm not into statues, but that looks amazing
      http://thepowersword.blogspot.com

Comment

Great looking statue. An outfit like that would work well in a movie for She-Ra.
        "We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

Comment

Cool looking statue, but not thrilled about the wind blown hair. Hopefully she comes with either a second head or removable hair (two hairstyles).
          “We change people through conversation, not through censorship." ― Jay Z

Comment

Originally posted by Black Zodac View Post
            Cool looking statue, but not thrilled about the wind blown hair. Hopefully she comes with either a second head or removable hair (two hairstyles).
            It's a possibility, usually the first limited edition batch has that kind of exclusivity... For example; He-Man with an axe, Skeletor with a second masked head, and Evil-Lyn with a raven.

Comment

I have to say that I am rather disappointed. I don't like that face and that tiara which is now a helmet design. If you look at SS Red Sonja and Wonder Woman's faces and see how strong they are, you'll see what I mean. I am not seeing She-Ra here.

And at the risk of sounding a bit cocky, you should have seen the 1:4 mixed media one PCS were going to release which I designed but it got canned due to poor sale on MOTU statues in general. I am still trying to get to made elsewhere but if that falls through I will post it here first.

Comment

Originally posted by Eamon View Post
                I have to say that I am rather disappointed. I don't like that face and that tiara which is now a helmet design. If you look at SS Red Sonja and Wonder Woman's faces and see how strong they are, you'll see what I mean. I am not seeing She-Ra here.

And at the risk of sounding a bit cocky, you should have seen the 1:4 mixed media one PCS were going to release which I designed but it got canned due to poor sale on MOTU statues in general. I am still trying to get to made elsewhere but if that falls through I will post it here first.
                I think both of those faces (Red Sonja and Wonder Woman) were somehow based on the comic book versions, where She-Ra's face is a totally new interpretation with a much softer features than He-Man's exaggerated look, which is an intriguing choice by Side-Show! Probably they did't want to risk it and alienate her Filmation based fans if they went with the stronger/square jaw look route!? I think Evil-Lyn had the right amount of balance stylistically.

Yours however has the classic animated look to her, which is a totally different animal when it comes to the stylistic source material.

Name:	3001153-wonder-woman-red-son-02.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	50462

Name:	red-sonja-she-devil-with-a-sword-premium-format-feature-300347-2.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	276.4 KB
ID:	50463
                Last edited by Mechanizor; 06-06-2017, 07:43 PM.

Comment

Being actually pretty is kinda important for the Princess of Power and I know I am not alone in thinking she's rather butch looking. I think they have alienated the Filmation fans.

Comment

Probably the Teela statue supposed to be the pretty one?!... But I see where you're coming from Eamon.

I'll wait for more She-Ra pictures to make a better judgment on her, for now it seems like she has that sizable curvy chin!

Comment

Personally, I think she looks great.

Gallery: http://www.hemanworld.com/2017/06/ho...atue-sideshow/

Name:	masters-of-the-universe-she-ra-statue-200495-18.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	50475

Name:	masters-of-the-universe-she-ra-statue-200495-08.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	248.7 KB
ID:	50474

"We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

Comment

Wow, honestly she looks better than I expected especially after looking at the details, and her stand looks awesome as well! I'm surprised that they decided to make her almost as big as He-Man!

Looks like the exclusive does come with an extra shield!

Comment

The unboxing video is up:

Comment

Cool video!

Here she gives me a vibe of a blonde sarah logan from wwe

https://orig00.deviantart.net/476e/f...s8-dbvg5mi.png
                            “Collective fear stimulates herd instinct, and tends to produce ferocity toward those who are not regarded as members of the herd.” ~Bertrand Russell

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X