Unboxing Video: She-Ra Statue by Sideshow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unboxing Video: She-Ra Statue by Sideshow

In this video, Eamon O'Donoghue unboxes the She-Ra statue, and shares with us his thoughts on the character's updated design. The artists at Sideshow Collectibles have reimagined She-Ra, the Princess of Power, to honor her in 1:5 scale. She-Ra stands about 20" tall and is dressed in intricate armor in her signature white and gold colors. The statue also comes with a removable red cloth cape with gold trim and built-in wiring for dynamic display options.

"We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

Great video! The She-Ra statue looks really good. I know some people feel the face looks a bit to masculine, but I disagree. It just looks like a strong woman to me. Both He-Man and She-Ra look like warriors who would be in their mid-30s in these statues, and I like that.
    “We change people through conversation, not through censorship." ― Jay Z

Comment

Even though I was that close to pre-order her when she was announced, I decided to pass on her and wait for another core MOTU character.

However I'm glad that she turned out great, even though some collectors complained from the green highlights on her white dress! Was than an issue for you Eamon?

Comment

Originally posted by Mechanizor View Post
        Even though I was that close to pre-order her when she was announced, I decided to pass on her and wait for another core MOTU character.

However I'm glad that she turned out great, even though some collectors complained from the green highlights on her white dress! Was than an issue for you Eamon?
        Oh gosh no. It would be far too bright and clean if it didn't have some of that green. The biggest issue for me is the face. It's just not a beautiful as She-Ra should be in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Eamon View Post

Oh gosh no. It would be far too bright and clean if it didn't have some of that green. The biggest issue for me is the face. It's just not a beautiful as She-Ra should be in my opinion.
          I think they (Sideshow) have tried to adhere some sort of a resemblance to the He-Man's face (since both characters are siblings) to keep the line as coherent as possible.
          I think She-Ra's features here are based more on the Nordic/Germanic strong bone traits which I think suit her well as a warrior goddess.

She is definitely beautiful but she doesn't have those soft features you're accustomed to.

Comment

I don't like the Nordic influence to be honest as it's too much like Thor and there other really nordic in any of the MOTU design bar She-Ra's tiara. MOTU has more Medieval English influenced in my opinion. But I do like the statues. I have em all.

Comment

Eamon, do you also have the "Classic" Yellow-skined Evil-Lyn as well, and how do you compare her to the "Original"? You see, I wanted to add her too, but I couldn't justify spending another $500 for the same sculpt (more or less), so I'm skipping her thus far!

BTW, I have the exclusive versions of He-Man, Skeletor, Evil-Lyn and still waiting for the Orko statue to be fulfilled. Hopefully Sideshow will announce another MOTU character/s soon (SDCC perhaps?)...
              Some say Hordak and Teela could be next, which is I'm fine with of course, but since we've got a few female characters in a row lately, I'd like to see new interpretations of Mer-Man and Man-E-Faces to spice things up a bit, of course I won't mind seeing any of the original core characters either like Man-at-Arms, Beastman, Trap-Jaw, Tri-Klops, Ram-Man or even Stratos as long as the last one doesn't suck!

BTW, I think this new interpretation of MOTU probably has more of a Nordic/Greek/Roman style in it than English, but I digress...

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X